top of page


What Would You Like to Know?

At S&J Builders and Restoration Services, we are always looking for ways to enhance our services and provide value to our customers. We offer on-site estimates for all services and offer a full range of restoration services, property upgrades and home improvement solutions including air sealing and insulation and home energy inspection services for a more comfortable, safer and energy efficient home or office in the San Diego area.

What areas does S&J Builders and Restoration Services work in?

We provide services in San Diego County but you can call us to double check and we will let you know.


Do you accept my Insurance Company?

We have experience with many different insurance companies and with your approval we will be more than happy to work with your insurance company.


How is S&J Builders and Restoration Services different from its competitors?

We take pride in our work, all of our technicians have been trained. We have live answer and are available 24 hours a day 365 days a year.

How long has S&J Builders been in business?

S&J Builders and Restoration Services has been in business for over 21 years.


My home was just damaged by fire. What should I do to prevent further damage?

It is most important that the area is made safe. Evacuate if necessary before calling a restoration professional. Depending on the extent of damage, the house may still be liveable. It is important to contact a restoration professional quickly, because the longer smoke & soot stay in the home, it is more difficult to clean and deodorize. Also, do not attempt to clean the fire or smoke damage yourself. Restoration professionals have scientific methods used to specifically clean different types of damage. You might make the cleaning job more difficult by using imprecise methods.


My home was just damaged by water. What should I do to prevent further damage?

First, make sure the area is safe, if you can shut off the water to your home and evacuate if necessary before calling a restoration professional. You should call a restoration professional quickly, because the water can spread to additional areas. Avoid walking on affected areas. Also, if left for a period of time, mold & mold-forming bacteria can begin to spread. The longer a damaged home is left before treatment begins, the further damage will occur, in greater areas of the home.


How do I choose a contractor capable of handling my home's damages?

Not all contractors are familiar with insurance restoration. It is wise to contact a licensed & insured contractor who specializes in restoration. This contractor should be able to identify restorable & non-restorable items, and items not affected by the loss at all. A restoration contractor is familiar with how insurance claims are handled, and will work with your insurance company to get your home back to original condition quickly, and with attention to detail. You should request copies of licenses, insurance certificates (with you listed as an additional insured), and cleaning and restoration certifications.


My home has just suffered damage, who should I contact?

It is a good idea to contact your homeowners insurance company and inform them of the damage. Then, call a licensed insurance restoration professional. You should read your insurance policy to know what your coverage limits are. Ultimately though, you will decide which contractor to use.

bottom of page